CFD & Forex broker with automated & mirror / copy trading account options
AvaTrade Review Rating:
3.4 / 5 Reviewer:
Stuart YoungLast Updated: 13th September, 2019
- Diverse range of trading platforms (including Metatrader MT4 and auto trading software)
- Very wide forex cfd instrument range (including vanilla FX Options)
- Free APIs and forex automated trading capability with social / copy trading platforms including Zulutrade and mirror trader
- Wide variety of account funding options, including PayPal
- AvaTrade proudly declares that it is a subsidiary of a holding company with almost $17 billion in market capitalisation.
- Relatively higher transaction costs due to wider spreads than some competitors
- $25 inactivity fee after 3 consecutive months of non-use (90 days), however there are no deposit or withdrawal fees
- No Australian ASX share CFDs available
- Can be a larger learning curve if looking to take advantage of the advanced API and automated trading options available
- Longer withdrawal process than many of the other brokers listed on our site however is dependant on account type
may appeal to those performing social trading (copy trading), who want a fully featured brokerage and can bear the relatively higher transaction costs.AvaTrade's range of automated and copy trading platforms are their key point of difference and will really appeal to the mirror trader (copy traders / mirror trading / social signal trading etc) or those looking to run automated trading systems and EA software.
The product range is deep with many exotics and you can also trade digital currencies, with CFD trading in Bitcoin & Litecoin, via the same platform as the forex account. AvaTrade has higher spreads than other brokers such as IG
which have slightly tighter bitcoin cfd trading spreads.
AvaTrade (formally AvaFX) are not suited to those looking for the outright lowest brokerage rates and CFD/Forex trading costs... if you want the cheapest rates please view our TradeDirect365
review instead. However, Ava provide an excellent range of products to trade and the adaptable trading platforms and services do provide traders with a good balance of simplicity and sophistication. The excellent Copy Trading
and Social Trading platforms, Zulutrade and Mirror Trader integration, will appeal to many.
Trading Platform Features4.6
Review Detail: AvaTrade Australia (Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd)
- AvaTrade (previously called AvaFX) is a global name in the foreign exchange industry. They’ve been operating since 2006, execute over 2 million trades per month, and their monthly trading volume exceeds $60 billion. AvaTrade has also won several FX industry awards from organisations such as World Finance.
- Licensed & regulated in Australia by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), AFSL number 406684. AvaTrade (formally AvaFX) is the trading name of Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd.
- For Australian clients, funds deposited with AvaTrade are held in a segregated trust account at ANZ Bank (155 Pitt St Sydney NSW 2000) in Australia.
- Our AvaTrade review has found a wide variety of trading platforms available which cover all styles of trading, including automatic trading account options allowing users of these account types to execute trades on complete autopilot using Expert Advisors (EAs) or by following social-trading systems/signals such as MirrorTrader and ZuluTrade.
Customers also receive free access to the MQL5 Signals third party service – one of the largest auto-trading communities in the world to copy trades, via the AvaTrade MT4 account.
Overall there are 8 different trading platforms to choose from depending on your requirements and level of automation required for your trading system.
- The primary web trading platform, AvaTrader, is excellent with dynamic charting and news feed widgets, while still being easy to use. AvaTrader also has full mobile trading support.
Video Source: AvaTrade
- Ava users also have a choice between fixed or variable spreads
- For bitcoin btc traders, AvaTrade provide bitcoin cfd trading and litecoin trading, however we warn uses to be extremely careful using any leveraged cryptocurrency trading given the extreme volatility in this market. The safest option is to avoid the use of leverage completely when trading any cryptocoin CFDs!
- Customers are supported with a variety of market analysis and information included for free. This includes technical analysis and pattern recognition from Autochartist, live news feed from Dow Jones, market commentary by AvaTrade’s Chief Market Analyst and fundamental Forex analysis from FXInsights.
- AvaTrade offer one of the largest variety of account funding options. these include credit card, wire transfer, or online payment services including PayPal, NETELLER, Skrill, and WebMoney.
Margin FX, CFDs, Bitcoin trading and Social / Copy / Mirror trading are a complex, leveraged financial products and requires a certain level of experience, so may not be suitable for everyone. Leveraged trading, including CFD and Forex trading, carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Please ensure that you understand all the risks involved. If you are considering acquiring any of the financial products listed on this AvaTrade review web page, you should always read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and other offer document/s before making any investment decisions. If you are unsure of the risks, or have any doubt whether you have sufficient financial resources or experience to trade these leveraged products, you should take professional advice before you trade AvaTrade (AvaFX) FX or CFD products.
Last Updated: 13th September, 2019