Amscot Review Rating: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer: Stuart Young
Last Updated: 10th June, 2021
Amscot Review | Why Consider Amscot Stockbroking?
- Australian stock broker with online brokerage rates amongst the lowest in Australia at all price points
- You can buy or sell shares on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) from just $ 9.90 for trades up to $12,850 and just 0.077 % over $12,850 (on the Amscot Value plan). Once you’re total trade size is greater than $43,000 it is recommended you switch to the Amscot Trader account which is outstanding value for larger size equities traders. For example brokerage rates are just 0.044 % on total trade sizes of $75,001 – $150,000 which is just outstanding value!
- Rates are especially attractive for traders of larger size (eg total trade size above $43,000) where brokerage is frequently about half of those offered by other leading online brokers
- The Amscot Trader account is specifically designed for the highly active or professional equities trader, and combines the rare added benefit of order “bulking” which calculates the share brokerage against trade value for the day, rather than per order.
Bulking refers to multiple trades in the same stock on any one day, all being aggregated to the one confirmation note. Any number of orders can be entered any number of times during the day, with only two confirmation notes being produced (one Buy and one Sell) and the brokerage charged based on the total value of each note. Source: Amscot
Amscot’s excellent pricing combined with order bulking makes them the standout best online stock broker for day trading.
- Amscot’s rates are low because many aspects of the business, including trading, clearing and settlement needs are met internally, avoiding the heavy expenses typically involved in dealing with larger corporations
- Utilises the webIRESS system (a dynamic browser-based equity information and online trading platform specifically designed for private investors, financial planners and equity trading firms) delivering extremely fast real time market data and execution speeds on client’s orders entering the market
- Amscot Stockbroking is a Division of State One Stockbroking Ltd (ABN 95 092 989 083).
State One is a Participant of the ASX Group and Chi-X Australia. It holds an Australian financial services licence (AFSL) No. 247100 and is regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). State One is part of the State One Capital Group and is a member of the Securities and Derivatives Industry Association. All amscot trades are executed and cleared by State One.
- Acknowledged in industry surveys as Australia’s leading broker in active online equities trading
- Click here for further details
Amscot Account Review
Leading Online ASX Stock Broker Rates Compared To Amscot
Brokerage Rate Image Source: Amscot Stockbroking. Data correct as at 4th September 2016
Amscot Stockbroking Review
- Excellent low brokerage rates on Australian shares and the cheapest rates for larger size equities traders (over $43,000 trade value)
- The Amscot Trader account is specifically designed for the highly active or professional equities trader, and combines the rare added benefit of order "bulking" which calculates the share brokerage against trade value for the day, rather than per order. We therefore rate Amscot as the best online stock broker for day trading
- Excellent trade execution speed
- Great customer service
- Full rebate available on WebIRESS platform option monthly fee if you generate more than $220 brokerage in a calendar month.
- Limited integration for derivatives trading
Please note this is not an issue at all for those only looking to trade Australian (ASX) shares at the lowest price, as this is Amscot's specialty! I only raise this for those looking for an integrated trading solution where not only shares but derivatives CFDs, Indices, Forex, etc can be traded from the same broker.
Amscot Stockbroking is a top quality, Australian stock broker with online ASX share brokerage rates amongst the absolute lowest in Australia. Our Amscot stock broker review confirms the cheapest online share trading account for online traders and investors. Amscot stockbroking have the lowest brokerage fees at all ASX trade size price points.
Amscot is often used as the liquidity provider for some smaller online stock brokers and is acknowledged in industry surveys as Australia’s leading broker in active online equities trading.
Rates are especially attractive for share traders of large size (eg total trade size above $43,000) where Amscot's brokerage is frequently about half of those offered by other leading online brokers! Please refer to the attached online broker rate comparison table in this review for full details. This is their clear point of difference.
Trading Platform Features4.2
Last Updated: 10th June, 2021